Rumson’s Earns More Medals!
May 15, 2016
The 2016 San Francisco World Spirits Competition was conducted March 17th through 20th at the Hotel Nikko in Downtown San Francisco, and the results are in! More than 1,700 spirits were judged this year—the largest Competition in our 16-year history.
- This was the 16th San Francisco World Spirits Competition; it was founded in 2000 as a way to determine and award exceptional products in the spirits industry
- The 2016 Competition featured more than 1,850 entries
- Considered to be the most influential spirits competition in the world
- Medal winners represent some of the nest products from around the world
- The 39 judges of the 2016 Competition are established spirits-industry experts, including:
- Anthony Dias Blue, Lifestyle Writer, Editor, and Publisher
- Tony Abou-Ganim, Master Mixologist
- Charles Joly, named Diageo’s “Best Bartender in the World”
- David Wondrich, Spirits Writer
- Charlotte Voisey, Director of Brand Advocacy for Wm. Grant and Sons
- Dale DeGroff, Master Mixologist